- Pantries, homeless shelter and soup kitchens are serving 25.35 million annually.
- 66% of households served have income below the federal poverty level.
- 41% report having to choose between paying for food or paying for utilities or heating fuel.
- 35% report having to choose between paying for food or paying for rent or mortgage.
- 32% report having to choose between paying for food or paying for medicine or medical care.
- 29% of households report having at least one household member in poor health.
- 36% of the members of households served have children- 9 million children assisted annually.
- 10% of served are elderly
- 12% of the people served are homeless.
The Food Bank Coordinator Frances Norman has announced the remaining dates for all food bank activities this year. First we wanted to share with you some facts about world hunger, and why it has become a passion for Frances to feed as many people as she can through this program that she has run for well over five years.