In addition to funding provided by The Ashtabula Foundation, St. John students have been making monetary donations on school sponsored dress-down days and the Philanthropy Board will be awarding additional funds to some local non-profits at the end of the school year. Saint John’s Philanthropy Board 2017 grants have been awarded to the following non-profit organizations with their listed projects:
• Birthcare, Inc., of Ashtabula County: Purchasing diapers and formula for local newborns.
• Catholic Charities of Ashtabula County: Purchasing of turkey, ham and other perishable food items for the Thankful Hearts Program to provide area families with Thanksgiving meals.
• Farm for Christ: Purchase beef cattle to be distributed to Ashtabula County families in need.
• Our Lady of Peace Parish Neighbor to Neighbor Food Pantry: Purchase additional fresh (non-processed) meat to provide healthier meals to the families they serve.
• G.O. Community Development Corporation: Purchase additional items to better stock the clothing bank for local families in need.
• Learning About Business (LAB): Purchase additional programming opportunities for area high school sophomores and juniors to participate in an interactive program exploring future business careers.
• Mya Women’s Center: Purchase infant car seats for families in need to transport their newborns home from the hospital.